Treating Ich On Scaleless fish - Malachite Green?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are plenty of other ick medicines and im sure some are probably safe to use on Scaless fish. Dont use malachite, its a salt, and they don't like salt. It probably burns/irrates their skin. ( they can tolerate small amounts of both, just don't want to make your pet uncomfortable or do some damgage)
Look at other options besides MG or Copper that treat ick, and try the heat thing first.

There are plenty of other ick medicines and im sure some are probably safe to use on Scaless fish. Dont use malachite, its a salt, and they don't like salt. It probably burns/irrates their skin. ( they can tolerate small amounts of both, just don't want to make your pet uncomfortable or do some damgage)

Look at other options besides MG or Copper that treat ick, and try the heat thing first.

Just make sure with copper there is no inverts in the tank or that will not end well.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Copper is a huge no-no with scaleless fish as well as invertebrates. Much more damaging than MG. I think with all medications there's a chance of irritation, but that's the price you pay. And I've successfully treated scaleless fish with ich using MG plenty of times without losing any fish to the treatment. In fact I didn't even know about the heat treatment until I started getting active again back in August. For the 10 or so years before that, I always used MG.

I said "just make sure not to use Copper or MG"
The best choice and the correct answer to the OP would be to use heat and Acriflavine.

Back
Top Bottom