Treating ich with heat only but cant change water :-/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sebastienb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys,

My clown loaches got ich about 2 weeks ago, out of the 5 , 1 is still ich free as well as my other fish (elephant nose, angel, pelco and zebra danios) but the other 4 (loaches) are from mild to badly covered in ich. I raised the temperature slowly to 86 and i guess this has kept all the other fish safe. I'm not sure if the ich on the ones infected is going away as of yet.

NO WATER CHANGES :(

Theres been a contamination in our city water and we are asked to boil water before drinking it. I'm worried that they might be adding more chlorine or other chemicals in the water to kill whatever contaminated the water ( i think its ecoli). I haven't changed water in 6 days now.

My question: Since temp is at 86, can i wait a few more days before changing water and cleaning the gravel ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

My clown loaches got ich about 2 weeks ago, out of the 5 , 1 is still ich free as well as my other fish (elephant nose, angel, pelco and zebra danios) but the other 4 (loaches) are from mild to badly covered in ich. I raised the temperature slowly to 86 and i guess this has kept all the other fish safe. I'm not sure if the ich on the ones infected is going away as of yet.

NO WATER CHANGES :(

Theres been a contamination in our city water and we are asked to boil water before drinking it. I'm worried that they might be adding more chlorine or other chemicals in the water to kill whatever contaminated the water ( i think its ecoli). I haven't changed water in 6 days now.

My question: Since temp is at 86, can i wait a few more days before changing water and cleaning the gravel ?

Thanks in advance

Are you running extra aeration? I wouldn't wait a few more days for a water change- can you buy bottled water at the supermarket?

Yes I have a large air Stone and I also just cleaned the gravel and it lowered the water 2 inches form base of filter back so now it splashes a bit more air into the water.

If by tomorrow its not safe i'll get a few gallins of drinking water at the supermarket. does drinking water need to be dechlorinated too ?

If by tomorrow its not safe i'll get a few gallins of drinking water at the supermarket. does drinking water need to be dechlorinated too ?

No, BUT if you have a build up of toxins in your current tank water, prime will help by detoxifying them. Also helps with the fishes' immunity by protecting their slime coat.

Back
Top Bottom