treating ich with salt (how much)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buffalochip

Aquarium Advice Regular
think i may have ich in one of my tanks. have been reading about salt treatment. I have read the salt should be used for 2 weeks at 2-3 ppm. anyone translate that to how much salt per gallon? also i have 3 corys in the tank. will they tolerate the salt??

Aquarium salt tells you how much too add. I can't help on the cory part but if you read the box of aquarium salt it will tell you how much salt to add per gallon. You should probably try using heat as well. I had good results with the heat/salt method a couple months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1 tablespoon per 5 gallons is always my recommendation on dosage for things like this.

Caleb

http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php

The above link is what I used a few years back. Just used the heat part and totally got rid of it. Have heavily planted so skipped the salt and gravel removable. I did extra water changes and vacuumed for about three weeks to be sure. I noticed a the spots on the fish that had it disappear in about three to four days. Hope this helps ya.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just wanted to add support to Canadiver's suggestion - treat it just with heat. I've done this several times (with cories and other fish) and it works like ... I was going to say "like a bomb" but that doesn't seem to be the right way to put it! It works :)

Another backup for Canadiver's suggestion. Done that, works, no salt.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom