Trigger Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayinked

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a small problem with my trigger fish, was wondering if it was common with this type of fish. He is very healthy have had him over two years now, but lately he has been digging up the sand all the way to the glass. there is one rock he really likes and everytime I fill in more sand around the rock within a day he has done it again. I have added a brown tang to the mix about a month ago. Any way to stop him from digging?

I dont know. IMO he`ll continue to do what he wants. Cover that area up with LR and see if it will stop him. Maybe in a week or two you could remove the rock.

Well moved some rocks around in the tank, put some small LR rubble around the base of the rock, seems to be working for now, lets hope he does'nt move to a new rock an start digging.lol

Some fish just redecorate to their pleasing. Unless you put something solid like a rock there, he will probably continue to do it.

my clowns do the same thing. if I put rocks in to stop them they just move to a different place. he is doing it for cover. just keep puting rocks where he does it until he does it in a place you don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom