Trimming plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I just want to know how to properly separate my anubias. It's getting way too big and I want to separate it Ito 3 pieces. It has a baby growing off of it and I just need some info on where to cut it. Here's a picImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396980670.973213.jpg

I think you just cut the rhizome in half with a sharp blade. That's a huge anubias. How long have you had it ?

Okay that's what I thought! I just wanted to be sure. Uhhh I've probably had it no more than a year and a half to two years. It pretty much grows a new leaf every week and flowers 2 or 3 times a year. It's nuts!

Wow I hope I can get mine to grow like that

I don't even do anything to it. Just lots of light lol

It's really attached to the drift wood I don't want to damage the roots. Will it be okay to gently pull it off?

Just pull the whole piece out, you'll need to carefully in attach the rhizome, I think you make precision cuts with a very sharp razor blade between the knuckles on the cylinder like stalk..

Here's a pic just to see how big it is! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396982935.953094.jpg

Ya that's huge. You should trim off the leaves with algae

I have been slowly I just didn't want to cut too many off at once. But now that it's in pieces I will!

Back
Top Bottom