Tropica Master Grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a bottle but haven't started dosing yet. I just haven't gotten around to figuring out the dosage yet. It's highly recommended along with Flourish Comprehensive and CSM+B for dosing traces.

Are you looking for some specific information?

I havent seen it before and ran acrossed it advertised on the web. I didnt know if it was a good product or not. Does it replace all ferts, with the exception of the trace? Im getting deployed and wanted something a little easier to dose instead of dry ferts for the wife as well.

Tropica Plant Nutrition is what it is called now. It is a Micro/Trace fert liquid.

I have used it as well as Flourish Comprehensive and CSM+B. In fact I just finished a large bottle of TPN. It has a lower Fe level than Flourish and CSM+B which has lead me to dose more of it. I think I will switch back to Flourish Comprehensive when I finish my 2nd bottle of TPN.

My current preference order:

1) Flourish Comprehensive
2) Tropica Plant Nutrition
3) CSM+B

That said, I know Tom Barr prefers TPN - so there may be other compelling reasons for Tropica's product. Check out this link:

http://www.gpodio.com/fert_table.asp

As dapellegrini already stated Tropica Plant Nutrition (Master Grow) is just a Mircro/Trace Nutrient and doesn't dose any (or at most negligable amounts) of the Macros.

Hi
I have been using Tropica Plant Nutrition + for about 6 months (I have the one that has Nitrogen/Phosphate in it as well) and my tank seems to be doing just fine on it. I have 180L tank and put in about 15-18ml/week in 3 doses/week. I can't stop certain plants growing so have to keep trimming so it seems OK to me.... :)

I'm glad this topic came up because I'm trying to evaluate a deficiency symptom in my tank. I use CSM+B almost exclusively for my trace dosing but occasionally (maybe once a week) dump in a capful of Flourish Comprehensive. Can anyone comment on whether both are needed or whether CSM+B should take care of all the trace elements?

dapellegrini said:
I dunno the answer to that - but if you look at the chart here - Flourish has a lot of things that CSM+B does not:

http://www.gpodio.com/fert_table.asp

I am sure it depends a bit on the plants you keep and any naturally occurring nutrients in your water supply.

Can anyone equate the amount of CSM+B in Flourish Comprehensive dosing? I think based on that link I'm going to alternate between CSM+B and Flourish. I have a 20 gallon tank and wonder if a capful twice a week is a good amount considering at water change I dose ~1/4 tsp.

Both are good Trace ferts and are sufficient by their own, however many do express a preference towards Flourish Comprehensive over CSM+B. Others experience no difference in growth. I expect that it depends on whether any of the Traces missing from CSM+B are already present in your tap water.

Back
Top Bottom