Tropical beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Staceh22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there I'm Stacie have just bought a 170litre tropical tank it has 4 angels, flying fox, bala shark and lots of little fishes also has three clown loach. I would love some advice on whether I can put a puffer and a pleco in? Thank you

Hi there, welcome to AA!

I would not recommend the addition of any more fish. You are already overstocked in my opinion. You have selected fish that need lots of room, and a 170L tank may not provide enough room for the fish as they start to grow.

Is the tank cycled? If you just bought it and it already has all these fish in it, unless it was an established system, you are going to have ammonia and nitrite issues in short order.

Hi Stacie, welcome to the forum. :) It's always a good idea to research each specie of fish before you purchase. Clown loaches will outgrow your tank unfortunately. A small pleco would work in your tank, like a bristlenose or clown place. Common plecos get way too big. Always consider the adult size of the fish before buying. You may want to see if your fish store will take the loaches back in exchange for a bristlenose pleco. Puffer fish don't do well with other species. They will nip them all to death. Good luck!

Hi there I bought the tank with the fish already in it and the tank was already cycled. Any ideas what else I could put in it to brighten it up a bit! Thanks guys

3 clowns, bala shark, 4 angels and some danios!!

Can I keep a puffer with all my other fish?

Back
Top Bottom