Tropical fish tank leaking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katiedd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, my problem is that my 64 liter tropical tank is leaking from the bottom corner, its not leaking at a rapid rate but it is noticeable and seems to be getting worse. I don't know whats the best option that would cause minimal damage to the fish and their environment.

I could risk it and leave it until tomorrow when i can go an get another tank asap.
I bought a 30liter tank which has been fully cycled which i was going to stock this week, however it has no heater yet. Do i take the heater from my 54l and put it in there and then put some fish in there until tomorrow? Although there would still be fish left in my 54l, i could take those out in the morning when i take the tank back and place them in a bucket near the radiator?

The facts are i only have one heater and my other tank is not big enough to put all of my fish in.
Any advice on which of my fish will be able to cope with the temporary room temperature water conditions and which will not?

I have;
4 ballon mollies
5 male guppies
7 black neons
1 forktail rainbow fish
3 pakistani loaches
2 ghost shrimp

Please help, i have no idea what my safest option will be!

*Buy another tank if you dont have an emergency one. That is fixable. Or if you dont have anything to fix it, cheap. Then... Youll have to buy another. And... Just decorate it the same way. Unless its a different type of aquarium(shape) then... Do what you think is good. I shouldnt tell you what to do. But i gave you options.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can always sell your current tank too! For somene who wants to use it for reptiles, ginies(guinnies pigs)..etc.. Rats.. Whatever else they want to use it for

Sent from my LGMS330 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you for your help. I was really only looking for a temporary over night solution as it was late sunday night no where was open for me to go and buy another heater or tank then and there. I decided to leave all the fish in the big tank, and the water level has dropped over night but only around an inch or so. I'm going to empty the tank today and take it back to where i bought it from as its still under guarantee but i'm going to buy a slightly larger one this time around :)

Im glad you fixed your problem already. I was kinda off a bit. I guess i didnt really read. I read but.. Theres info i dont know about like your fish. Everything else i do know. Just im not experienced with other fish. I also thought it had nothing to do with the fish.

Especially a heater lol but.. I dont use a heater. Not until winter comes, because itss too hot outside and inside my home. Inside is 95degrees for my aquarium. Outside of my house was worse..my house itself... I dont even know.. I just use a fan to keep cool

Back
Top Bottom