Trouble with AqAdvisor???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As I last night and today I have not been able to access AqAdvisor on my phone. Every time I try to load AqAdvisor.com I am redirected to multiple sites in a matter of seconds. I also tried to access AqAdvisor on my roommates phone and the same thing happened.

Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions?

Just tried it from my iPhone and it works fine. Could be a typo. It's easy to do. It could be a problem with your providers DNS.

I just typed it in without the .com on google. And just clicked different links until they worked.

I am not super technologically savvy, so could you explain what a DNS is?

Sure. There are servers that take the web site names we type in our browsers and translate them into Internet Protocal numbers like 192.168.0.1 (for example -- that particular one is reserved for local area networks). Anyway these Domain Name Services (DNS) servers (computers) if they somehow don't have the correct information on them, they take you to the wrong Web site.

Sometimes malware on your computer or phone can actually do this before it even gets to the DNS server and can redirect you to the wrong web site as well. There are all kinds of things that can go wrong between your browser and your getting to the correct web site. Since you and your friend's phones both act alike I'm thinking you either typed it wrong twice (my spellchecker has changed it to Aquadvisor), which I've done myself, or it is a DNS issue.

I know I am typing it correctly. I have also tried clicking the link after googling the site first. Same issue.

I also tried using a saved link to AqAdvisor that was preset with my tank information. This link also appears is tart downloading AqAdvisor, but then it goes through several sites ending in a different one every time. Sometimes it even sends me to the App Store to download candy crush?? All I do is click the AqAdvisor link an leave it be to load. I am not pushing buttons like a money.

Sounds like some kind of malware. I don't know what your options are. Not well versed in phone malware. Are you on an android phone or jail broken iPhone?

This site is sketchy all the time. I'm on a PC with a fast connection and I'm tech savvy.

My guess is that this site is a commercial venture and the combination of all the sites together overload their capabilities.

Known as growing pains and/or cost effectiveness depending on what their plans are and who you talk to.

MeCasa

I work in the IT Industry, and I took a peak at the site, I believe that they have been effected by malware, I would avoid the site for the time being, and if you clicked on any of the links by accident I would run a virus scan.

Ok. Thank you all for the input. I hope AqAdvisor is back and properly running soon. I like to play with it a few times a week ;) even if I am just planning a future tank :)

Yup. It's one of the few sites that's glitchy for me. Loads, but generally very slow, and the frame formatting isn't always that great. It's definitely not designed for a mobile browser. I would try Chrome for Android (assuming you have android) and turn on the "Request desktop site" function.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I work in the IT Industry, and I took a peak at the site, I believe that they have been effected by malware, I would avoid the site for the time being, and if you clicked on any of the links by accident I would run a virus scan.
Oh please please tell us how you came up with this diagnostic?

Was an aluminum foil hat involved?

Back
Top Bottom