trumpet coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazykrisy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some trumpet coral and my water perimeters are all good. The thing is the heads all popped off their branches. The heads are floating around on the bottom of the tank and seem to be still alive. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why this happened?:confused:

I have some trumpet coral and my water perimeters are all good. The thing is the heads all popped off their branches. The heads are floating around on the bottom of the tank and seem to be still alive. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why this happened?:confused:

You ought to post your parameters for us to see in case they are not THAT good. Also, where was the coral placed? Too much flow might cause the polyps to bail out. What kind of light?

Matt

24g Nano
1.025 salinity
0 phosphates
0 nitrates
uses fresh sea water from scripps
placed the trumpet in a low light and low flow area after researching when the first polyps popped off

Im assuming zero ammonia and nitrites, right? What is your pH, alkalinity, and calcium? Temperature?
Any algae issues in the tank?

Matt

Are you using liquid tests or strips? Did you actually just do the tests or is this from a couple days/weeks ago?

0 nitrates always makes me a little iffy. Most established systems still have 5 or under.

Everything I read says moderate lighting and flow. What type lighting system do you have?

Back
Top Bottom