Trumpet snails reproduction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I grabbed a single trumpet snail when I went to petsmart last week so that it could help clean my fry tank. Today I noticed a tiny little baby snail in there also . How fast do they reproduce ? And can it get to the point where it hurts your tank?

I have a lot of that, they are livebearers and reproduce very fast if theres a lot of thing that they can eat in your tank..
For me, they are the best snail because they burrow your substrate that is big help for plants and they dont eat your live plants(only the dead one). I recommend this to all..

As stated reproduction rate depends on the available amount of food present. I have them in all my tanks and like them a lot. They normally only come out when its getting close to or after lights are off and go back in the substrate when it gets light out. I know my 220g has a ton of them but I feel they are a benefit to any tank.

As stated reproduction rate depends on the available amount of food present. I have them in all my tanks and like them a lot. They normally only come out when its getting close to or after lights are off and go back in the substrate when it gets light out. I know my 220g has a ton of them but I feel they are a benefit to any tank.

Okay cool! And If they ever get bad ill just get an assassin haha :) thanks ! I'm
Putting sand in my tank this weekend wohoo!

Back
Top Bottom