Trying planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capken8721

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking for some advice on planted tanks... I use a t5 high out put I use a plant fert. I use excel I over feed to keep a lil higher nitrate for the plants? I just can't seem to get them to grow. I have an Anubias a few swords wisteria and one other I'm not sure of please send me some of your thoughts.

What size tank do you have? What stocking? What substrate? Water parameters?

I have a 30 gallon tank. the substrate is 1/8 inch gravel also I have the plants in 2 inch round pots with a clay type of gravel form pet smart. I'm not sure what yo u mean about stocking. my ph is 7.6 ammonia is 0 nitrite is between .25 pp, to .50 ppm and nitrate is 0 ppm

Stocking as in stock list of fish/inverts.

First thing that jumps out to me is the nitrite. Your fish will stress, get disease and die if you don't get this down. The next thing is there is no nitrates which leads me to believe you are still cycling.

Part Water Change ASAP if you want to save your fish. I'm assuming you know about cycling?
Once you have done a PWC, we can start addressing your plant issues.

What is your stock list?
How long has your tank been established?
Do you run Co2?
What is your fertilisation routine? (eg: 1 drop daily of xyz fertliser)
How long do you leave your lights on?

My nitrites / nitrates are correct it was the auto correct on my iPad sorry for the confusion I was running a DIY co2 until I got excel added that and had an Algee bloom I leave my lights on for 12 hrs I use a yellow bottle for fert forget the name of it i follow the dosing that it says and my tank has been up and running for 9-10 months I do pew every week I have 4 severms 2 green 2 gold red tail shark 1 angel 3 neon tetras and 2 catfish

Back
Top Bottom