Trying This Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all4wheels2 said:
Wow...taking some things way to seriously. If you have that much regard to life, then why are you keeping wild animals in a box???

Oh, and if you must know, my snails and hermits are doing just FINE. Still alive and very active.

Thanks for your input

Tank breed!

Glad they are doing well! But please have more respect.

It just makes me mad when ppl say: "oh well, I can always get another one!" like everything can just be thrown away in a dumpster an replaced!
I feel bad when I have a snail die... Maybe it's just me, but they have feelings too!!

I dont care if you think I'm taking things too serious or if in just too sensitive, at least I'm not just ignoring ur ignorance and at least opened my mouth.

Yes, I do have animals in a box, but at least I'm trying to make that box as big and comfortable as possible! I don't say: "oh well, it's just a few dump inverts". I take responsibility for my actions and do my research before I do something to a living being.

I totally understand and appreciate your concern!

What I don't like is how everyone in the saltwater community is so opinionated and their way is the ONLY way. You asserted that my snails/hermits will die during the cycling - but they already went through a cycling before in a different tank (not intentionally). They didn't die then, I see no reason why they would die now. Yes, they are replaceable as they will probably get eaten by a fish or my mantis sooner or later.

I'm not ignorant, I'm inexperienced. And I'm learning as I go. Please try to understand that. I have done research, probably too much research. And I also care for my critters as I'm going through **** and back trying to save my fish right now. Heck, I even kept and am caring for a mantis shrimp that I didn't want, but was graced with it.

I understand what you are saying as I am that way with dogs and such; I'm working on it with the marine life :)

all4wheels2 said:
I totally understand and appreciate your concern!

What I don't like is how everyone in the saltwater community is so opinionated and their way is the ONLY way. You asserted that my snails/hermits will die during the cycling - but they already went through a cycling before in a different tank (not intentionally). They didn't die then, I see no reason why they would die now. Yes, they are replaceable as they will probably get eaten by a fish or my mantis sooner or later.

I'm not ignorant, I'm inexperienced. And I'm learning as I go. Please try to understand that. I have done research, probably too much research. And I also care for my critters as I'm going through **** and back trying to save my fish right now. Heck, I even kept and am caring for a mantis shrimp that I didn't want, but was graced with it.

I understand what you are saying as I am that way with dogs and such; I'm working on it with the marine life :)

Thank you for your understanding.
Yes, it gets annoying sometimes how ppl think their way is the only way and usually I try to stay away from conversations like that, BUT I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when it comes to the well being of those critters that can't speak up. And too many times have ppl said the famous "oh well, let's get another one" that just gets my bloodpressure up LOL

I know you are trying to learn and understand and I'm prolly gonna get in trouble for being little-miss-treehugger ;)
But I believe that every living thing has a right to live, even if they get eaten in the long run; Until then there is no need to torture them. Just like you wouldn't torture a mouse until you feed it to the snake... If that makes any sense...?!

Snails are very sensitive to chemistry changes, and just bc they pulled through last time doesn't mean they will next time.

And now I'm off to bug some more people ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom