Trying to aquascape... am I successful??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I have been around the forum for some time now. When I started here, I had a 10 gallon tank with blue gravel a large goldfish and fake decorations and a fake looking backdrop.

I have sense upgraded to a 56 gallon tank, and though I want a bigger tank, living in Chicago in small condo makes that a negative.

This is what my tank looked like a couple of days ago. It was loosely "aquascaped", but really just a big mass of plants in a somewhat illogical order.

I have a picture from two days ago, and a picture today.

Let me know if you think my aquascaping is on the right track. Needs to fill in more, but I am going for the convex formation. I also added the black back drop to try and pull out the colors.

Any opinions/suggestions?

Attachments

• 100_0020.jpg
    100_0020.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0047.jpg
    100_0047.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 134
Thanks. Got my HC in today and planted it in front in the center of the driftwood. I am looking forward to that developing into a nice carpet.

I will post updates as to its progress as it comes along and starts to fill in.

Several plants are pearling today, which is good since I interpret that to mean that the plants weren't too shocked from being all up rooted

You are getting the basics of aquascaping down, congrats.

-You've picked the concave setup (high on both sides and lower in them middle.
-You've picked and placed your plants from front to mid to back with how the plants grow.

Here is a website that has helped me start aquascaping, now all it's all trial and error.

Aquascaping 101

i would move that filter reactor or what ever that is from the middle or put a plant there to block it.

Back
Top Bottom