Trying to start small and cheap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chinoanoah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm a freshie wishing to start a small manageable SW tank. I am also going to shoot for as cheap as possible, nothing fancy that I don't need. What sparked my interest was this SW tank I saw today at a LFS (Aquarium Concepts in Dublin, CA) that was about 15-20 gallons, had a HOB filter, a clown fish and some LR. The tank was longer than tall made of acrylic with rounded edges. I believe it also had a damsel in it. (I am very limited in my SW fish profiles). This tank also had a rotating powerhead and some anenome It was quite tall and transclucent pink. I am not very knowledgable yet but I feel that I would be over my head cost-wise doing the whole coral thing, but I'm not even sure that the anenome is a coral?

What I would like to do is keep a tank in my bedroom that had maybe 1 or 2 small fish (thinking black clown or damselfish), some LR and an anenome. I would craigslist or get a free tank and utilized used parts.

Can anyone estimate the cost of starting this project?

Back
Top Bottom