TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so time for my take on the "Doctor"...
Definitely inhibits algae,in my experience it denies algae the chance to become established..I cannot back up or deny the idea it reduces tds as I do not own a reliable tds meter..
Cleaning,I remove the Doctor once a week soaking the mesh in CLR for 30mins followed by a thorough rinse & soak over nite...
The fish absolutely love it as they swim right into the mist as it lifts from the Doctor...
Plant health is good but not sure how much is due to using the Doctor...
I will however in the future be starting a larger tank & plan on using the Doctor from the very beginning of start up...doing so will allow for further acknowledgements if any at all...
I'm on the fence as to whether to recommend the inhibitor to others but I will say that I'm not disappointed with the purchase..

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How would you feel about removing the Doctor for 2ish weeks to see if that is why there isn't any algae?

Interesting....but kinda hard risking a good thing though,I'll sleep on it...

The problem with that is if you don't get algae you'll never be sure if it was because your tank has just been balanced from the beginning (and the doctor wasn't really a help) or because the doctor did such a good job that algae never got established and didn't have a chance to grow, even after the doctor was removed later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing devils advocate: The video was made by twinstar, which they are clearly biased. Also lowering the co2 in the left tank would make it seem like the growth is slower...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Adding a control part to the experiment???

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Control is nothing else is changed. Same fert regimen, same feedings, same stocking, same everything just no doctor
The problem with that is if you don't get algae you'll never be sure if it was because your tank has just been balanced from the beginning (and the doctor wasn't really a help) or because the doctor did such a good job that algae never got established and didn't have a chance to grow, even after the doctor was removed later.

Thats kinda my thinking, if it is because the tank is balanced then the dr seems like a bit of a waste. If the tank isn't balanced then we know the dr does reduce/eliminate algae

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ha ha, must fight off the urge to buy one. Seriously, I wanna buy into the hype. I'll probably buy one, but I'll hold off a while longer.

Playing devils advocate: The video was made by twinstar, which they are clearly biased. Also lowering the co2 in the left tank would make it seem like the growth is slower...

I agree,the video could be altered to suit their needs...

Not knocking it, just noticed no fish present in left tank and a good amount in right?? Nitrogen ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not knocking it, just noticed no fish present in left tank and a good amount in right?? Nitrogen ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are definitely questions about the video..

Didn't take into consideration the fact that they could have changed the levels to make it seem like it was working. Well, they gotta make money somehow :)

That videos really sheds some light on the situation.

I was surprised that the plant growth was effected so much. I expected that it worked on algae but not plants very much.

I do have to say that it's possible co2 was changed. Also, a simple spot treatment would have kept that algae on the left tank under control so the problem may not have got as bad as it didn't. Even still, there was definitely a difference.

Didn't take into consideration the fact that they could have changed the levels to make it seem like it was working. Well, they gotta make money somehow :)

Although it doth not mean it to be fictitious...

Someone mentioned the cobalt blue gobies awhile ago,after checking on em I ordered some from the lfs as my own b-day present...Great coloration & are supposedly algae munchers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom