Tulsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

Rudy_627

i checked the classifieds on sunday i saw no aquariums!!! i was like wth? but im thinking ill just have my parents order one off the net if you guys find a cheap perfecto tank on the internet let me know just PM me with what you all find and make sure that they can ship it

thanks and sorry for the trouble

Is there a freebie paper at the grocery store called Bargain Finder or Penny Saver? That is where you will find the most tanks, IMO.

okk but i never heard of those TBH with youi havent een paying attention but i did go to Tulsa Aquatics i spent about 30-60 min. in there asking all the stuff i knew about and she knew everything i was talking about she said on the hob filter called the emperor 200 it has a Bio-filter she said she goes in back and takes a bio filter out of her tank and give it to you for your filter so that way you already have some nitrites/nitrates and ammonia and conditioned water and low pH water

that way you already have some nitrites/nitrates and ammonia and conditioned water and low pH water
The filter will give you the bacteria needed to breakdown the ammonia and nitrite, but I don't see where the conditioned and low pH comes in :?

You should also check on ebay and www.craigslist.org for some good deals, as well as your classifieds. If you can be patient, you will eventually find an awesome deal in the paper or on ebay

good luck

yea but at the Tulsa Aquatics they have a 29 gallon tank for 100$ with all the accessories(except a substrate but thier substrates are very cheap)it comes with food(flakes) a light a cover a lid the light(a flouresent light) ect.
so i think its a good deal im getting it soon like this sweek or next week!!! :mrgreen: im do happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have Per Smart in your area? You can get a 55 gal with top and light for $100.00. You can save close to 50 % by buying filters, heaters and accesories off line, like at Big Als. :D

Normally with set ups like that you end up getting equipment that will crap out in a few months- especially the heater... or the filter isn't all that great... you end up replacing the parts

Definatly shop around. The more you save on a good setup the more money you have to spend on fish

idk and idc cause as long as its a tank and i aint paying for it ill be happy and im 50% done with my room being clean!!! just 50% more and i can get my tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Rudy_627 said:
idk and idc cause as long as its a tank and i aint paying for it ill be happy and im 50% done with my room being clean!!! just 50% more and i can get my tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

You should know and you should care. Buying an aquarium is a pretty big deal. Whats going to happen when your heater craps out and your parents say "tough luck"

if you plan to be in this hobby for a long time, take the proper steps to do everything right the first time.. especially if you are fortunate enough to have your parents helping with the expense.

i know that i was being sarchastic i looked into the equpiment in that tank set and everyone gave it good ratings and said it should last to 10-13 months(cause it came in a set)

well i am meaning that it will last a REALLY REALLY long time

dude...10-13 months for equipment isn't long at all...sounds like u r not fully interested in doing things the right way...i feel sorry for the fish u put in there...

good luck to u and ur future death trap...i mean...tank....

aww that wasn't very nice =oP

I think he is so anxious to get fish he isn't taking into consideration the long term aspect of fish keeping

dont get me wrong...Rudy...by all means...go and get that set up...

i just beleive that a little more caution and patience is always a good thing in a matter like this...i know...i've made mistakes...

u personally feel that generic heaters are all pretty much ok...i have a Tetra heater...not bad at all...as far as filters are concerned...if its HOB...Aqua Clear is my choice...have two tanks set up with Aqua Clears...

i already see what he is going to do though....buy the set up and the fish in the same day...just be careful Rudy...u really should have some patience with this matter...u are talking about other life forms...

DUDE!!!!! i know what to do im not going to put fish in there right away im not and idiot i know these thing why do you think i have a better rank than you..... CAUSE I HAVE BEEN ASKING QUESTIONS!!! im studying up on this hobby before i start it duh! you have to wait for it to do a fishless cycle and then you can add SOME fish not all your fish and then you wait longer for it to cycle again and add fish and repeat it. im not starting this hobby and gonna be like "uhhh i think ill put some chlorine in that tank to clean the fishies and the walls" im NOT gonna be like that i can tell you that much im studying up i know most of the issues that i need with the tank and if i need help ill ask my dad he used to have a 125 gallon tank for 4 years until copper got into the water but he still remembers what to do so im not starting out like an idiot ok.......

Rudy_627 said:
DUDE!!!!! i know what to do im not going to put fish in there right away im not and idiot i know these thing why do you think i have a better rank than you..... CAUSE I HAVE BEEN ASKING QUESTIONS!!! im studying up on this hobby before i start it duh! you have to wait for it to do a fishless cycle and then you can add SOME fish not all your fish and then you wait longer for it to cycle again and add fish and repeat it. im not starting this hobby and gonna be like "uhhh i think ill put some chlorine in that tank to clean the fishies and the walls" im NOT gonna be like that i can tell you that much im studying up i know most of the issues that i need with the tank and if i need help ill ask my dad he used to have a 125 gallon tank for 4 years until copper got into the water but he still remembers what to do so im not starting out like an idiot ok.......

i wasnt trying to come off as an a$$...i'm just saying that u have made it seem like ur patience in this matter is non existent...

my main point of the post was more along the lines of what Frank said, I don't see how 10-13 months for aquarium equipment can seem like a long time...

my 55 gal has an Aqua Clear 500...i bought that tank and filter off of a friend who's parents had it running for 3 years...the tank was empty for almost 1 year before i bought it and has been running now for 5 months...i beleive that to be a true testiment of time when it comes to aquarium equipment...so relax...and good luck...

Rudy is right, he has been asking a lot of questions... and i have faith that he will do a good job keeping fish once he gets started. However, you should really look around for the best equipment you can get for the least amount of money. What happens when your heater craps out while you are at school and your water drops 10 degrees- all because you didnt get a good heater to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom