Turbo Snails / Specific Gravity / Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boulder

Aquarium Advice Activist
A few more questions please ...

I added 4 turbo snails today (large guys - about the size of walnuts) and they are going at it on my live rock. It's as if they strip everything in their path. I suppose this is normal?

My LFS considers specific gravity at 1.025 to be spot on perfect - I know this is a bit high for a FOWLER but I'm buying my water from them pre-mixed. Any negative side effects running the SG this high with fish only (ie. Ich more prone)?

My water temperature holds steady at 78 degrees w/o my heater even turned on ... sometimes a notch lower and by end of day it can creep up a fraction. So is a constant of 78 degrees +/- a degree a decent temperature?

1.025 is still in the acceptable range. I run mine there and have seen it go higher when I fail to fill the ato container. Just like temperature, there is a target range we shoot for. Most believe that slow change is the key. You would not want to see the sg or temp change over a short time. If you plan on buying water that is mixed at that same sg, you will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom