Turtle tank with sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RazeNCain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got some killer deals on craigslist lately, picked up two 20 gallon long tanks for $10 and a 75 gallon for $30. My fiancee has a YBS she about 5 years old now in a 55 gallon (too small now) I have a 525 GPH canister filter setup for the past 4 years and haven't had a single problem, no fish deaths (except what the turtle ate).

Well anyway, I am going to be retiring the 55 gallon tank and moving the Turtle to the 75 gallon and was hoping to use a 20L for the sump, but the few things I can find say not to use a sump for a turtle tank. Does anyone have any recommendations or pictures of there setup? I am going to make an above tank basking spot. It will have a 4" sand bed, a few live plants and I think that covers it. The only fish, that I know the name of that we currently have is a 3 year old Jack Dempsey. I was uneducated when we got it but hes really not that big. Maybe 5".

We plan to move her outside in a year or so once we finish getting the landscaping done. Hoping to have a 300+ gallon "pond".

I want to give the 55G and current filter to her younger brothers (12 and 8) they picked up a turtle and the little thing is in a 29 gallon we gave them last year, a long with a small HOB we had.

This part of the site is dead.. Anyone? In other news, I finally brought myself to drill my first aquarium.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom