Turtle tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

preyas1207

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I just decided that now I want to add more life to my tank with 2 juv. RES I already have 4 zebra danios and a rosy red minnow do you think that cherry barbs or cae would be good I have quite a bit of green algae

My turtle don't bother fish aslong as they are fast swimmers or big

How about snails. Or large shoal of danios.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Hey guys I just decided that now I want to add more life to my tank with 2 juv. RES I already have 4 zebra danios and a rosy red minnow do you think that cherry barbs or cae would be good I have quite a bit of green algae

To be honest I don't think it's the smartest idea to keep smaller fish with any kind of turtle. My red eared slider is almost full grown and the only fish I can put in with him is a full grown Raphael striped catfish and a common pleco. My friend gave me an aggressive blue gourami because it did not get along with his fish so I put it with my turtle. About 2 weeks later my turtle caught the gourami and killed it. I did not know he had eaten the gourami until I got home and looked at the tank and saw that my turtle had half a fish sticking out of his mouth. I feed my turtle rosy red minnows once in a wile and he can eat them with in a day so I would not under estimate how fast a turtle can be. I think any fish that's larger or as large as the turtle is fine to put in. I recommend any kind of armoured catfish or larger pleco. Sorry for the really long post.

I agree, i would not put any fish in you want to keep. But a few minnows or danios will give an occasional snack and good exercise chasing them. If he eats them one after another i would not add any fish. But if its once in a while i dont think it should be a problem.

I agree, i would not put any fish in you want to keep. But a few minnows or danios will give an occasional snack and good exercise chasing them. If he eats them one after another i would not add any fish. But if its once in a while i dont think it should be a problem.

What's with the " what do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!" At the end of every one of your post? Anyhow, what is the difference between a piano and a fish? ...... You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish

I think they call it a signature. You can change in your profile.

Back
Top Bottom