turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retorres70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
am thinking about getting a turtle. don't know if any one here can help but need any ifo that i can get. any suggestions? kind of turtles, want aquatic turtle that doesn't get too big. thinking snapping turtle, but they can get big. help. thanks.

A mainly aquatic turtle that stays small would be a stinkpot....they still need some dry land, and appropriate lighting, but they will stay much smaller (about 5") than virtually any other species you can easily obtain.

Yes Toirtis is correct i think the Stinkpot is the best choice for you. RES get up to 12"+ . And turtles need special light that give off UVB it should be over a spot that is dry and they can lay out on.

turtles are pretty cool, but be sure you have a setup that meets the need of the specific turtle you choose. i've seen a lot of people that just think they can stick them in small tank and feed them whatever. be sure to do a lot of research before you buy.

I've got two red-eared sliders. Turtles are difficult to care for, so please make sure you do the neccesary research before buying. A RES can get about 12-14 inches in carcapace diameter.

A female stinkpot would be your best selection if you are looking for it to stay small. They get to be about 4 inches in adulthood.

Here is a great site for all around turtle care:

http://happyturtle.ms11.net//

Make sure you can provide all of the neccesities before you get a turtle :wink:

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom