Turtles and snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Question on behalf of a friend. She has a turtle about 3 inches big fully grown.
Will it eat apple snails. they will be introduce (or not maybe lol) about a cm big. thanks

Ya, sure if it gets hungry. In the wild it eats things like crustaceans, fish and SNAILS. So yes. Just curious, what kind of turtle does she have? because almost no turtle grows only 3 inches. It might not though if there really big and it is fed well.

Ya, sure if it gets hungry. In the wild it eats things like crustaceans, fish and SNAILS. So yes. Just curious, what kind of turtle does she have? because almost no turtle grows only 3 inches. It might not though if there really big and it is fed well.

She doesnt know. but it hasn't grown for a year
Correction its a stinkpot turtle.

What size tank does she have it in. Because the minimum tank size sh should have it in is a 30 gallon aquarium. It does also have some growing to do. It will eventually be around 5 to 6 inches.

Here is a good site on caring for them.
ATP - Care Sheet: Stinkpot (Common Musk)

What size tank does she have it in. Because the minimum tank size sh should have it in is a 30 gallon aquarium. It does also have some growing to do. It will eventually be around 5 to 6 inches.

Here is a good site on caring for them.
ATP - Care Sheet: Stinkpot (Common Musk)

140 litre so just under 40 gal us. it hasn't grown in a year so can't have that much I'd of thought. so does she rish the snails or not? i could "grow" em for her till they a good inch-inch and half if need be.

It would probaly be safer growing them like you said because there are no guarentees but they will have a better chance if they are larger. So it depends if you really care about the snails. Because there is a chance the turtle will eat the snails but i dont think you will have much of a problem if there larger. So yes i would suggest letting them grow first. 1 good idea for something that will clean your tank a little is ghost shrimp. Because your turtle will think there tasty and you can buy them for a couple of dollars for a dozen of them.

Back
Top Bottom