Twig catfish won't stop eating my wisteria plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyloRen

Aquarium Advice Activist
I try to feed him cucumber, algae wafers and sometimes bloodwork but he just keeps going for the plant is there a solution to this? I just got him not too long ago there are holes everywhere on the leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I haven't really found a solution. More plants helps, as well as making sure the plants have the ferts they need to grow strongly. But I have had quite a few plants lost to the fish over the years unfortunately. I assume the holes are from the catfish and not say potassium deficiency?

Yeah the holes came from the catfish I watch him at night as he destroys my plants

Do you have pics of the plant for verification? Farowella shouldn't bother plants unless the growth is soft and dying.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440150400.783582.jpg this is the plant there use to be more leaves on the bottom but it has been eaten

I would say that the leaves on the bottom were dying off because of lack of light and it was eating them. You would see more damage to random leaves all over the plant if it was eating healthy ones.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom