Two dead angel fish help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisheybisnis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys two of my angel fish have passed and I don't know why all other fish are healthy and ok but my angel fish are hiding in courners not really eating an breathing at surface not gasping !!! Ammonia levels fine nitrate nitrite levels fine ph 7.0 gh and kh fine no other problems in table but have now lost two of my angels pls help!!!!

Feed then once a day alt between flake frozen and live food have noticed pale stringy poo last angel died this morning was swimming sideways the just floating I'm worse about a diesease of infection gills look fine no ich or obvious sighns

sounds like an internal paracite . were they realy skinny. how long did u have them. how often are your water changes. what size of tank. what temp. what other fish in tank.

sounds like an internal paracite . were they realy skinny. how long did u have them. how often are your water changes. what size of tank. what temp. what other fish in tank.

Had two small angel fish for 3 months the two big angel fish we recently got two weeks ago from a friend and now all four are dead also in the tank are 2 pleco a bristle nose and normal 2gourami three bambo shrimp 5 neon tetra 5bloodfin tetra an 2 guppy 2 Molly's it a 240ish litre courners tank running a fluval U2 filter and a fluval plus 2 filter water change is every week an 10% temp is 78

Sounds a parasite for me also. I don't recommend live or frozen foods, I know that the fish love them, and a lot of members here use them everyday with no problems, but IME with Angels, frozen blood worms or live food make them constipated some times or the live food canbe infected with a parasite...
I lost some Angels in the past, kind of like you said, white or grey long string poo, they stopped eating, and from there was hard to save them.

If they are still eating, you can traet them with medicated food for parasites, you should be able to locate some at your local fish store, or you can buy some online from Angelplus... If they are not eating, sometimes using ParaGuard (I think that is Tetra or Jungle) to treat the whole tank helped me sometimes.

I only fed my fish now with Life Spectera pellets and they have been really healthy... some time I give them dry flakes from Angel Plus to mix a little, but no more blood worms or live food.

Lats thing, try to do water changes of more than 10%, like 30 to 40% weekly, your fish will be more happy.

Back
Top Bottom