Two different clown species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosseg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a coral tank right now with inverts right now and I'd like to do clownfish breeding. Thinking about getting ocellaris with possibly snowflake. Is it reasonable that these two wont kill each other?

A snowflake clown is normally, simply an ocellaris clownfish bred specially to retain their unique bar pattern. As such, they should have no problem breeding as they are from the same species (unlike a percula and an ocellaris).

Great, any other fairly inexpensive combos that would get along and make pretty babies?

Hello reefers!!

I have 2 clowns in my tank, to be honest i don't know much about clownfish , but i have 1 ocellaris orange and 1 ocellaris black, at the fisrt time they was fighting for almost a week but right now they are a good parners!! Hehe!! But does any one knows when they could start to breed!! I will like to know that!! Thank you

My true percs started breeding about 1 1/2 yrs after I got them. They were about 1/2" long at that time. The female is now about 2 1/2" and the male is about 2" now. Hope that helps some. Hope to do some collecting tonight. Want be very many because they have been eatting the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom