Two gobys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have orange spot goby but would love to add a yellow watchmen... anyone have any luck.. its a 55 gallon collum.

I had both in my 28 gallon and they lived together in the same hole happily. They were added at different times, I forget which was first though sorry. How big is the orange spot??

You are talking about the diamond sandsifting goby when you say orange spot right? I know they have many common names so just asking :)

Yes I know that just google diamond goby and see if it's the same goby. All gobys have many common names and I just want to make sure we are talking about the same one is all. I'm about 99% sure we are :)

Omg your right... i always seen poeple posting about how good their diamond gobies moved sand but i always said ****... not as good as my orange spotted. How funny.

I picked up a pair today and placed in my 24g. Not sure about two different species at once, can be kind of iffy. Just make sure you have ample hiding places so they don't compete for the one hole. You could always remove one if it gets bad.

I bought a spotted goby a few days ago and it dig two mounds of sand in my tank already I was planning to get a yellow watchman goby now I am not sure if both these gobies will be a problem

i currenntly have a pink spoted goby and an engineer goby in a 47 column tank, they do fine and even live in the same hole with my pistol shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom