Two Tier Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just finished cleaning up the plans for my 2 tier stand. I thought I would share the plans with everyone here. Per the plans it will hold two 29 gallon tanks. I have a 20 on top and a 29 below but it will easily hold more weight.

here is what the finished stand looks like
stand-two-tier.jpg

here are the detailed plans to build it

I would want the lower to be tighter to the tank with maybe a flip up panel for maintenance, and an enclosure around the top tank for symmetry.

looks very nice! I second bearfan's comment on the panel for access, but instead of wood, use another piece of the black cloth you have on the side and make a curtain of sorts to hang over the open area above the tank.

The original design was for a tank that was 8 inches (I think) taller than the 29 that I have on there now...

But a slight mishap left that tank in pieces on my basement floor. I was moving some stuff around in my basement and the tank was empty sitting down there on some boxes. I went to move a 8' 2x4 and wasnt watching the other end as I turned. I ended up nocking over the tank and it took a 4' plunge to my hard concrete basement floor.

Back
Top Bottom