Type of anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wazz72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I bought this anemone and forgot to ask what type it is. Is it a rose anemone, and what do I have to do to get my 2 common clowns in it?
They seem more occupied with a piece of Hydra coral.
Hopefully they will try it in a few days.
Also is the anemone in the second picture some kind of bubble anemone? I assume its not coral as it has tentacles in between the bubbles. It started off as a hitch hiker on some LR but has ballooned since I went to Halides. Also any tips on keeping the tank cool in this weather it hit 88 yesterday, I nearly had a heart attack. Pulled the lights yo to the ceiling, and floated Ice Packs in bags.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 60
The first looks like a Green Bubble Tipped Anemone (GBTA). Similiar to the rose you mentioned, but green instead.

There's no guaruntee that it'll host the clowns. The clownfish will decide where they want to live, not really anything you can do to invoke it.

The second photo looks like a bubble coral to me.

As far as the heat issue try blowing a fan across the surface. That will do wonders as far as lowering the temp several degrees.

I'm just wondering, my nitrates always read quite high, but everything seems to be flourishing, I have coralline algae plastering everything, the corals all look healthy. The only one looking a little sorry is my clove polyp rock. Do they need lots of light as they are at the top of the reef. under 2 x 150w MH.
What I want to know is. My filtration has been an eheim pro 2 external filter pumping back into a rowaphos reactor, and 2 spraybars. And a merlin fluidized sand filter & Juwel box in corner housing foam Powerheads & Heater + TMC 600 Skimmer.
Ive taken out the sand filter, and have added a refugium which will have culerpra sand zeolite and live rock in it + the ceramic media from the eheim PF.
Could I remove the eheim 2 and use an eheim 1060 external pump in the cabinet to flow through the UV, and power the rowaphos reactor and spraybars, or would it be a little powerful? Also the bulk of the rock is live and what isnt is slowly turning live.
I have included a pic of the refugium so far, I will add more live rock as I find it.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 57
Crimson Mushroom / Red Mushroom.

Have you opened your canister lately and cleaned everything out? Sometimes if you leave them for too long they can collect too much crap and become a nitrate factory.

Try sticking a really small "for rent" sign in front of the anemone. maybe they will get the hint :p

Back
Top Bottom