Type of brain coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wbartsch

Aquarium Advice Activist
O i know its a brain coral. I was hoping i could get the technical name and or recomendations on where to place it. Heres a pic of my 20g. Power head has actually been moved to the other side since i took this picture. I have a duel bulb t5ho fixture 10000k daylight and 18000k atinic i know this is generally low lighting which is why i placed him towards the top but im not sure what lighting requirements he needs/flow requirements/ surface area

Its in the top right area of the pic. It is purple with bright green centers of its pollyps

Actually, brain corals are not high light. You should be ok with the 2 lamp fixture. The pic didn't come through however.

Sorry haha heres the pic. Any idea where would be a good place to put him? High flow low flow?

Attachments

• image-1481494970.jpg
    image-1481494970.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 149
They're pretty tolerant I just wouldn't have it directly in front of a power head just pick a spot and leave it. I would get some more rock in there too- more rock=more places to put corals =D

If you are talking about the green spotted frag, it looks like a favia to me. But a more clear close up picture will definitely help.

Ya thats the one. Im out of town for the weekend ill post one monday haha

Ya i know haha hes chillin though i figured if he gets too big ill sell him but for now hes healthy and eating

Sorry forgot about this thread heres the pic of my coral anyone got a name?

Attachments

• image-3483057731.jpg
    image-3483057731.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 69
Will he be ok with a 2x24 watt bulb t5ho? At least temporarily?

Back
Top Bottom