Type of shrimp/baby lobster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharAsh

Aquarium Advice Regular
So today I took my younger sister to the beach (i live in hawaii) and in one one the kiddie ponds I noticed this small white shrimp or baby lobster thing hiding in a hole. I wish I had an underwater camera and taken a picture because it was so pretty but at least I know where to find it again if it doesn't move on to another pond. It was pure white with pinkish purple spots on it. It also had these flat claws that it started waving at me when I got closer like it was flagging down an airplane. I didn't want to touch it in case it's poisonous. Anyone have an idea of what it was?

Thanks for all the help you guys! I went to our saltwater pet store and he showed me pictures and I found out it's called a harlequin shrimp. So I let him know where I found it and he gave me a free aquarium melon sword plant!

mollannedy said:
Thanks for all the help you guys! I went to our saltwater pet store and he showed me pictures and I found out it's called a harlequin shrimp. So I let him know where I found it and he gave me a free aquarium melon sword plant!

Lol so you badically sold information?

Haha yes I am not ashamed. However if I had a saltwater aquarium I would've been tempted to bring it home.

mollannedy said:
Haha yes I am not ashamed. However if I had a saltwater aquarium I would've been tempted to bring it home.

Well it would have died anyways, so just take the plant

That's so sad. No wonder it was in a kiddie pool, there's lots of black starfish under the rocks.

mollannedy said:
That's so sad. No wonder it was in a kiddie pool, there's lots of black starfish under the rocks.

Haha how it that sad? Sad part would be if the lfs manager finds out were it is, takes it, and sells it off to some unsuspecting aquarist that kills it almost immediatly. That would be sad.

Back
Top Bottom