Types of fish for discus fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kamek909

Aquarium Advice Activist
What kind of fish can i put with a disus fish? I really like how colorful discus fish can be so what kind of fish can live with one? Its for a 90 gallon tank im going to get soon.

There are quite a few different fish that can live with discus but I have a few reservations. Discus are some of the most difficult fish to keep in an aquarium and for someone that is just getting into the hobby I would look at a discus tank more as a long term goal. I generally try not to steer people away from fish that they like but I would hate to see that much money get flushed down the drain since they are such expensive fish :(

It is my sincerest recommendation that you set up your 90g with fish that are compatible with discus and practice 6 months or so at keeping the water levels absolutely pristine before trying them.

Here is a guide I found for discus if you are still wanting them.
Beginner's Guide To Discus

Just think of 3-4 50% wc a week! Still want discus? Rainbow fish are pretty cool, they get big and color up nicely, also way more active.

discus need warmer water temp than most tropical fish. some compatible choices are cardinal tetra, rummy nose tetra, and then sterbai corys for the bottom.

in the past i had a good community with discus, black neon tetra, sterbai cory and polkadot loaches.

good luck (y)

I have discus and they rant as hard to care for as people make them seem. I've been lazy recently and have been not changing as much water as I should. When I did a 50% plus water change once a week I saw no problems when I changed it to 30% I have some sick.
For your question
Neon Tetras
Rummy nose tetras
Rams
Cories
Kuhli loaches
Any small, shy, peaceful schooling fish.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom