Ugh. Bad snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corty

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Turbo snails + Red Gracilaria & Red Grape algae = Lots of snail poop + no Tang food

Is there anything I can do to stop this, short of putting the algae in the refugium or throwing out the snails?

For the life of me, I can't think of a thing, but the snails always get to it before the tang does, defeating the entire purpose of live graze-able food.

They just cut through the branches, leaving chunks on the ground (and small mountains of snail poo), which the Tang just ignores.

I had the same problem. so I put a small light over the sump, and Threw in some macro and ls and lr rubble, now its a fuge. I pull some algae out ocassionally and clip it to the glass for the tang.

Any snails that don't do this, or any macro algae they won't munch but the Tang will?

I had the same problem....So, I got a 4 foot length of rigid tubing and used cable ties to attach a algae clip. Then lay it across the top of the tank. The goal is for the algae to be suspended in the water, but not be touching the walls. From the fishes point of view it should look like the algae clip is floating at the top of the water. If it isnt touching the walls of the tank, the snails cant get to it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom