ugh.. *kicks self*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i had cloudy water, thought it was something other than what it was, did a 50% water change and well haze still there. All my readings are safe and normal.

I figure it is dust particles or whatever you have it since i forgot to rinse before adding ornaments and foilage :( So i wander out to my LFS and pick up a bottle of Crystal Clear from my LFS http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18582/si1381015/cl0/aquariumproductscrystalclear34oz and put some in my tank.. well ermm the moment i dropped in the drops the water got more cloudy and has not gotten any better. I just did a 50% water change a couple days ago, i think it may be too soon to do another, but how in the heck can somthing advertise to clear an aquarium when all its done to mine is make even more cloudy :(

Im off to rant to my LFS in a few hours, they reccommended this junk to clear out the particles left over from the stuff i forgot to rinse beofe putting in to the tank :(

-Pleco

Is your tank still cycling? If so, you are most likely seeing a bacterial bloom. It's nothing to worry about.

Yeah, most of the time it is just algae bloom. Does your tank get much natural sunlight (direct or indirect)?

Clarifier will bind the particles together and it will look cloudier because the particles are sticking together. Those usually filter out. If it is algae bloom, that will not make it go away.

my 55 gal has been set up for a month, and i have the same problem, excessivly cloudy water that i cant clear up with doing even 20 gal pwc daily (i'd do more, but i have to get a python first)

thing is my tank has been cloudy for 2 weeks now

(yes is gets much direct sunlight, but no algae)

my tank is just out of its cycle, water parameters are all within safe ranges. So if im reading this correctly a water clarifier makes the water more cloudy? I put this stuff in at 10pm or so last night, its been nearly 12 hours and its more cloudy than before i put the stuff in.

-Pleco

Ditchy the clarifier. It doesn't fix the problem, it just masks it. The cloudiness will go away on its own. Just be patient and do your regular maintenance.

Fishyfanatic said:
Ditchy the clarifier. It doesn't fix the problem, it just masks it. The cloudiness will go away on its own. Just be patient and do your regular maintenance.

Is it safe to do another 50% WC today even though i did one 2 days ago? Oh i threw that crap out last night :)

-Pleco

hc8719 said:
my 55 gal has been set up for a month, and i have the same problem, excessivly cloudy water that i cant clear up with doing even 20 gal pwc daily (i'd do more, but i have to get a python first)

thing is my tank has been cloudy for 2 weeks now

(yes is gets much direct sunlight, but no algae)

Direct sunlight will cause all sorts of algae. The cloudiness in the water could be algae bloom.

Back
Top Bottom