UGH!!! That's all i can say!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LyndaB said:
You're not getting the whole "grandma's furniture" thing at all, are you..... :banghead:

By the way, if that's you holding that really cute dog, you're pretty hot..... who knew?

Yeah I'm getting it lol. It will look just as fine against the other wall! LoL hey! I pay the bills all I want is a fish tank! She wants a dog! You have to walk it in the rain,cold, snow and heat,wash it,buy dog toys, vet bills, groomers, food, doggy treats, clean up after it, and play with it.

I've been working with rescue dogs for over 15 years. I have 3 right now. I don't think you want to try to convince me that they are not worth whatever it costs..... :cool:

Dogs = buy dog toys, vet bills, groomers, food, doggy treats, clean up after it, and play with it.

Fish = buy tank, decor, plants, filter and other tank equipment, food, meds, treats, water changer to "clean up after them" and you have to play with them.

I'm sorry, what was your point again? :angel:

I'd hate to lose this chance to grab such a nice tank/ stand for free. But I guess she cracked the whip! LoL. She thinks I've just lost my mind!

Any chance she'll let you put it in storage out of the way (if you have the space to spare) until the time's right? Even if it's 5 years down the road? A free 125gal with stand is SUCH a great chance I'd wish I had. All she wanted was a goldfish in a bowl? Eventually she can have 8 - 10 fancy goldfish in a large tank! It can still be for your son ... just down the road a little.:D By then the goldfish can change into other fish.(y)

I get the furniture bit ... like LyndaB said ... it like a family heirloom ... DO NOT MESS WITH.

Your a fire chief...Explain to her about all the strange calls your station has been getting about spontaneous combustion.....Then one day when she's out light the chair and table on fire......Then you'll HAVE to get the tank to cover the char marks on the wall!

In the end, your the man in the relationship...Get the tank...a man's home is his castle

BTW: I'm single....Can you guess why?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, bit why not get your wife her goldfish and put them in your old tank? If it means being able to get a free tank why not?

Brandonaki360 said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, bit why not get your wife her goldfish and put them in your old tank? If it means being able to get a free tank why not?

I don't like those goldfish and I'm gonna end up takin care of them as well as mine and then my new SW tank. I would do it if she would get maybe a 10-20 gallon and 1 of those goldfish and then maybe. But everything has to just the way she likes it. She only wants a bowfront so she had said a 75 gallon BF would be good. But now she changed her mind. But what I really don't get/understand is it's ok to get the SW tank/stand and the whole set up but I can't get a bigger tank for what I have.

It's gonna be more money and time consuming to do the SW tank then it would to just set up the either free tank or if not due to size and color and shape. Get the 75g BF and within a few hours have it set up and running.

I've been working with rescue dogs for over 15 years. I have 3 right now. I don't think you want to try to convince me that they are not worth whatever it costs..... :cool:

Fish = buy tank, decor, plants, filter and other tank equipment, food, meds, treats, water changer to "clean up after them" and you have to play with them.

I'm sorry, what was your point again? :angel:

1:0 for Lynda ROTFL

Does the tank have to go into THIS exact room? Any other rooms in the house that could accomodate it?

senemedar said:
1:0 for Lynda ROTFL

Does the tank have to go into THIS exact room? Any other rooms in the house that could accomodate it?

I would like the tank with the Africans in the living room and she said yes to the SW in the corner of the bed room.

Geez, I don't mean to kill you, I just mean to slap some sense into your manly gray matter...... :deadhorse:

Haha!! Well... I may be onto something. She agreed to go look at tanks a Petsmart, there having a sale. I talked to her about craigslist and she didn't like the idea of someone's old used tank in the house(no garage or yard live in apt building) she didn't want it here and not knowing where it's been or what's been in it. She's a bit of a germaphob anyway... She said she wants to see the tanks/stands in person to see if she likes any of them and of they will work in the living room. So I guess that's a start but I'm not sure what they will have in stock so maybe I'll have to drive around to all of them after work lol. Or I could just call them and ask.

Make a date of it..... go on a weekend and take her out to lunch after you've looked. ;)

LyndaB said:
Make a date of it..... go on a weekend and take her out to lunch after you've looked. ;)

Good idea! That's what I'll do. I'd be soooooo happy with a 75 it would make me feel better a out my fishy's too! I know that would be happy with the bigger size tank. I'm gonna offer her a day away also. A spa day for her.

Back
Top Bottom