Ugh, these convicts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
They won't stop breeding! Honestly, it's getting to the point to where I have to smash the eggs once I've noticed the female begin to guard her cave.

Anyone located in north Georgia and want to save some convicts from the porcelain God? :brows:

My LFS doesn't want them. :(

why not let the babies hatch and then sell them on aquabid.com could make you some money.

otherwise list your female or male convict on aquabid, someone will surely buy it

why not let the babies hatch and then sell them on aquabid.com could make you some money.

otherwise list your female or male convict on aquabid, someone will surely buy it

Well, I let her first batch hatch as I was after some Albinos and ended up with about 10 Albino and 15-20 regular. Fast forward about a month and this 30g tank is starting to get crowded!

I'd really not have to deal with the hassle of mailing fish, tbh. Especially ones that breed so easily/can be easily purchased from your LFS/PetSmart.

Last edited:
Buy a bigger tank, bigger fish and use for feeders ;)

But seriously convict are about the most common prolific breeders out there. Just suck up the fry or eggs when ever you notice them. It's a pain in the butt, but that's the price we pay for keeping opposite sexes.

Buy a bigger tank, bigger fish and use for feeders ;)

But seriously convict are about the most common prolific breeders out there. Just suck up the fry or eggs when ever you notice them. It's a pain in the butt, but that's the price we pay for keeping opposite sexes.

About how often does the female need before she's ready to spawn again? I plan on letting a pair of Pink Convicts mature and let them breed for feeders.

She's ready about every 3.5 weeks.

Ah, thanks. Also, will she become aggressive to her previous fingerlings once the new fry hatch? I found out just how protective Convicts can be once they spawn the hard way. :facepalm:

Mine hates everything once she lays eggs. She allows the male around and that's it. Even then she will sometimes take shots at him if she didn't like what he's doing. But for the most part they are good parents and split time nipping at everyone in there.

They won't stop breeding! Honestly, it's getting to the point to where I have to smash the eggs once I've noticed the female begin to guard her cave.

Anyone located in north Georgia and want to save some convicts from the porcelain God? :brows:

My LFS doesn't want them. :(
I'm in north georgia! Sending you a PM!

Back
Top Bottom