ughhh...not sure if i can do this hobby....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justagal30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok..here is the scoop...

I was looking over my fish tonight and noticed that one of my platy's has some white stuff coming from one eye...what can it be? ya know, this is almost as bad as kids...the worring part that is...

i get too attached to these little guys...lol

help!!!

It is somekind of fungus. People smarter than me will be along to tell you what to do. You are right the really do become like kids.

i dont...i just started this hobby and said to my husband today...i should get a small tank incase any of our fish get sick...but as of right now, i dont have anything :(

I did a little Googling for you. It seems your best course of action is to go to your LFS and get some anti-fungal medicine. Just follow the dosing directions and goo luck. Please let me know what happens, and welcome to AA.

get some Melafix and treat the tank. It will do the other fish good aswell. Inproves their fins and general health.
Looks like your platy got a eye injury and so some bacteria got in tere and then the fungus grew on it.
Try the melafix or if there isnt any, another anti-fungus treatment

hi all...ty for the responses....I just got back from my lfs and i got Melafix and Pimafix and treated my tank...i hope all gets better soon.

Thanks again for the assistance

Good luck. For future references, melafix is more of a antibacterial treatment, not antifungal, but the 2 (melafix and pimafix) are often used in unison and are very productive. Keep up with treatments, and follow the directions on the container about water changes. Good water quality is also very important when treating infections. :)

Back
Top Bottom