UgHHH (stocking issue)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it ok if I cap my guppies at 2 and maybe get a school of glolight tetras instead of 4 guppies. I have had 4 in there a couple times and believe it or not my danios and swordtail harass the heck out of them and have basically killed it down to the same two both times now. My water conditions are fine but I see them chasing the guppies around like crazy and nipping at them and stuff and it stresses them to the max. I have a 55 with 5 neons (one got stuck to filter intake and died) 6 cories, 2 female swordtails, the 2 guppies, 6 danios, and shortly a pearl gourami and clown pleco. Am I pretty much maxed out after that?

Do you think they will bug my gourami when I get it cause of the fins on that? Is that asking for trouble

From my experience, gouramis are usually able to take care of themselves. They are (mostly) classified as semi-aggressive. I have a tank with a sunset dwarf gourami and a gold gourami along with the other members of the tank. My tiger barbs used to harass the heck out of the dwarf gourami but when it started fighting back, they stopped. Now the DG harasses the barbs... :lol:

:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom