Uhmm.. Hi there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the mean look in the eyes lol. There really is no way to tell, I'm just going on my own experience and the fact that no one ever (I mean never ever) has a good word to say about them. They don't even eat algae after a certain age/size so they are all round a bit rubbish IMO/E
not entirely,i like mine... apart from the fact he killed a goldfish. but the goldfish had made me mad(picked on a couple fish) so i let it slide.he is pretty agressive though...

Mine is a nightmare. I mean I don't hate him, he's a fish, but I seriously think that the other guys in the tank are thinking about vigilanteing his backside :D

Sexually mature females are noticeably thicker-bodied than males but it is impossible to accurately sex young fish. When in spawning condition adult males are said to develop noticeable tubercules on the snout.

Direct rip off from seriouslyfish.com

And to be fair how would you know if it's deeper bodied if you don't have another to compare it to?

I don't think it really matters whether it's male or female to be honest. It doesn't have any bearing on their aggression.

Back
Top Bottom