Uk or usa ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am from the UK. It is quite difficult to get some fish. I bought my last two online - a Jack Dempsey and Green Terror. Seems the LFS only get such fish in every once in a while.

Charleston, West Virginia. And for those of you who didn't know, yes, WEST Virginia is a state. Not just western Virginia.

USA, Louisiana Cajun/Creole! It's so cool to see all the UK members here. I wonder if the UK aquarist's tanks look different from the US aquarist's tanks. In general I mean. I curious if there's a regional style difference since some plants, fish or corals may be more or less available or popular in different areas of the world.

CorallineAlgae said:
USA, Louisiana Cajun/Creole! It's so cool to see all the UK members here. I wonder if the UK aquarist's tanks look different from the US aquarist's tanks. In general I mean. I curious if there's a regional style difference since some plants, fish or corals may be more or less available or popular in different areas of the world.

I've noticed it seems the planted tank industry seems to be a bit larger of the aquarium market percentage in the UK then it is the USA

Mrc8858 said:
I've noticed it seems the planted tank industry seems to be a bit larger of the aquarium market percentage in the UK then it is the USA

I can believe that. There are 5 shops that sell fish and aquarium supplies in the nearest large town where I live and not one sells decent plants or has a planted show tank. It isn't like that everywhere in the States but so many people here have to mail order plants. Our big chain stores even sell non-aquatic plants as aquatic. Such a pity.

CorallineAlgae said:

We had turducken for thanksgiving!!

Im from pennsylvania, around the York area, to be specific. There are literally no LFS stores close by me, the closest one is thatpetplace in Lancaster. The only two fish stores by me are a pet smart and and a petco. The petsmart usually has okay stock, they just don't carry anything rare.

Charleston, SC here. I have a great lfs about 10 minutes from my house. There's also a nice one near my work which I hit up occasionally. That one tends to be a bit pricier though. I love meeting fish lovers from all over the world!

phishfriend said:
We had turducken for thanksgiving!!

Awesome! I'm sure it was good.

I used to live right by the store where it was invented. I sometimes get bags of the bones from when they de-bone chickens and turkeys to make soup stock. Their stuffed de-boned chickens are what everybody here usually gets cept for the holidays. Unbelievably good! Last time I went buy my son asked for alligator legs that we cook up like buffalo wings.

CorallineAlgae said:
Awesome! I'm sure it was good.

I used to live right by the store where it was invented. I sometimes get bags of the bones from when they de-bone chickens and turkeys to make soup stock. Their stuffed de-boned chickens are what everybody here usually gets cept for the holidays. Unbelievably good! Last time I went buy my son asked for alligator legs that we cook up like buffalo wings.

Oh man was it! Came stuffed with of course the duck and chicken but also had the best craw dad/shrimp jambalya! Just awsome!!

Canadian here, love this forum lots to learn and tons of helpful advise. I frequent two great LFS good prices, great selection. But my friends in the US be grateful for the prices you pay, I live in Toronto and I pay 10-18 % higher for everything I buy here than south of the border. So jealous

I'm from the UK I only have my maidenhead aquatic,s which gets good.stock, I bought my elephant nose there cost me £25 he's the dearest fish I,ve bought. I,ve ordered online too :)

shellyx said:
I'm from the UK I only have my maidenhead aquatic,s which gets good.stock, I bought my elephant nose there cost me £25 he's the dearest fish I,ve bought. I,ve ordered online too :)

Maidenhead aquatics are supposed to be really good,not got one near me though,i have at least 4 Lfs in my area :) the best one ive just recently found :)

I'm from UK. Fish prices over here are quite expensive. Like tanks, where I am the shops only sell designer tanks. For a 10 gallon set up it's close to £90. We also don't get any sales, whereas you guys get dollar per gallon sales! Lucky!

I guess we are a bit spoiled here in the U.S. as far as our imports go but then again there are alot of hobbyists and small scale breeders who have quality stock if you know where to look.

Samzter said:
I'm from UK. Fish prices over here are quite expensive. Like tanks, where I am the shops only sell designer tanks. For a 10 gallon set up it's close to £90. We also don't get any sales, whereas you guys get dollar per gallon sales! Lucky!

Maidenhead aquatic,s were I am are having a tank sale noticed when I was there today, my husband says I'm banned from going till its finished!

shellyx said:
Maidenhead aquatic,s were I am are having a tank sale noticed when I was there today, my husband says I'm banned from going till its finished!

Hahah where I am I don't think they are! Shame.

Hi I am in the U/K as well:) I've never bought a guppy:oops: yes cost of fishkeeping here is expensive,just ordered a new six foot tank,and with the light,filter{s} substrate and decor will have cost me over a thousand pounds:hide: That's without my five foot being upgraded to a planted tank.........................................:angel:
Also it's what I really enjoy about this forum is that we all can learn from each other(y) Just get's a little problematic when I say try such and such and they say can't get that over here:blink:
Wonder which country in the world has the most fish keeper's in???

Back
Top Bottom