Uk tutle pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I doubt I will get the answer I'm hoping for but does anyone know of a type of turtle I could keep Ina pond in England as the temperatures get pretty cold over here?

I'm sure there is, I live in the north of the united states and it gets freezing here. Some terrapins can hibernate for months. Id Google for natural turtles in your area and see what types you have there and those should work.

Problem is there are no natural turtles here but if I set it up right you think terrapins would be ok as they would hibernate? I take it the more water volume the better for it too?

Problem is there are no natural turtles here but if I set it up right you think terrapins would be ok as they would hibernate? I take it the more water volume the better for it too?

Hmmm it may stay to cold for to long Idk. I did a little research and didn't come up with a lot lol. I did read there isn't any turtles on some pages but then on other pages it says there are just very few. I did read they released or something like that red ear sliders but it could be wrong. They are native to the northern US. We have 6 different types here. You may be out a luck but I wouldn't give up hope and use Google as your research. :)

Here's an idea, when the temp gets too cold, you could get a large rubbermaid container and keep it in the garage or basement. Add a filter,heat lamp and change the water as need be.

Back
Top Bottom