UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem I believe I'd have with ordering online is I work during the week and out all day so wouldn't be home to receive them. There are a number of sellers on eBay also now

Like most others I have never ordered online and only seems to be worth while if your ordering a large amount due to the high postage costs...

garfy said:
Who do you order from as I'm looking for a good online ordering service.

I used a seller on eBay and have had the best quality panda corys. Also through eBay I've found a local breeder to stock up my guppies.
I picked my eBay poster by sending him a message asking about tank conditions water etx and when he replied with a sensible answer I knew I was onto a good one! :D

maestromad said:
I used a seller on eBay and have had the best quality panda corys. Also through eBay I've found a local breeder to stock up my guppies.
I picked my eBay poster by sending him a message asking about tank conditions water etx and when he replied with a sensible answer I knew I was onto a good one! :D

Do they supply other fish ? Can I ask the sellers info? The postage tends to be about £15 though per fish... Makes it more expensive than maidenhead that's saying something!

maestromad said:

Thanks for the info I'll definately look into it :)

I used the_fish_hut it was £10 for 3 pandas and £11 postage. My maidenhead doesn't have pandas lately and the LFS that does was 3 for £25 and they have all died :(

3 for £25!? My Maidenhead up here in Carlisle had them for 3 for £12 and we are so remote I thought it would have bumped up the price!

I know! I can't remember how much I paid in maidenhead for the two they had had for ages, but this new fish store is way overpriced and I wated more so my surviving one from maidenhead was more settled, luckily they were a Xmas gift!

Purchased two rams yesterday from maidenhead. Cost me £22 which I thought was a little steep

Aron said:
3 for £25!? My Maidenhead up here in Carlisle had them for 3 for £12 and we are so remote I thought it would have bumped up the price!

Wilkes said:
Purchased two rams yesterday from maidenhead. Cost me £22 which I thought was a little steep

Wow were abouts is your branch? My maidenhead has them on sale 2 for £12 !!

You tend to find that the price relates to who or where they are ordered in from. I have found that my local maidenheads (there are 4 quite locally) can be cheaper than many other places and smaller independent shops. They have some good offers on marine.

Has anyone on here every used marine life UK to order anything? I was thinking Corals frags?

richpowell1989 said:
Wow were abouts is your branch? My maidenhead has them on sale 2 for £12 !!

Wembley London. Says it all really... Send me a couple :p

Hi all, just found this regional thread. I'm new to fish keeping and it's good to know others are out there to help. I'm in north Surrey.

Thanks Garfy, this site has been really helpful to me so far but its also good to know there are some more local members.

Any fellow londoners? Living in London but originally from Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Back
Top Bottom