UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I'm from Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Just found this part of the site.
Does anyone have problems with tap water in the UK? The water here in Stirling is very soft.
I'm new to this and not sure what to do.

N3PTUN3 said:
Hi, I'm from Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Just found this part of the site.
Does anyone have problems with tap water in the UK? The water here in Stirling is very soft.
I'm new to this and not sure what to do.

I have the opposite. the tap water in the south is very hard. my fish shop uses tap water though, so any fish I buy from them are already used to it :)

I'm from north Wales.

We have fairly soft water with an EC0.2 pH7.4 the trouble we have generally though is that there are 2ppm of Phosphates in the tap water which doesn't help when trying to fight algae.

I constantly have a small bag of SERA PHOSVEC in my external filter which helps control the phosphates at 0.5ppm. One box of phosvec at £12 lasts a few months.

Jon

I'm from north Wales.

We have fairly soft water with an EC0.2 pH7.4 the trouble we have generally though is that there are 2ppm of Phosphates in the tap water which doesn't help when trying to fight algae.

I constantly have a small bag of SERA PHOSVEC in my external filter which helps control the phosphates at 0.5ppm. One box of phosvec at £12 lasts a few months.

Jon

Hi

What do you do to combat the soft water? My pH is also 7.4, but I have no idea about phosphates. How do you know what level there is and what should it be?

N3PTUN3 said:
Hi

What do you do to combat the soft water? My pH is also 7.4, but I have no idea about phosphates. How do you know what level there is and what should it be?

I know what it is because I test for it using API phosphate testing kit.

I use SERA PHOSVEC in my Fluval 206 canister which removes phosphates and keeps my phosphates around 0.2-0.5ppm when I see them rising I know it's time to change out my phosvec bag.

Jon

Hi all no one been on here for a while? I didn't know there were so many people from the uk using this app, I'm from warsash situated bang inbetween SOUTHAMPTON and PORTSMOUTH. A lot of people on here seem to be tropical or marine, I'm in to my koi any fellow carpers????

Hey Dan I have a marine tank by my dad has 16 x 8 x 8 ft pond with koi easily over 20lb and eerily both chgo carp fishing well not as much me anymore lol

Hi Aaron

That's a brilliant sized pond!! What varieties does he have? I love my carp fishing although I've it been for some time, I used to be the manager of a large day ticket/syndicate water in Southampton so that's where my love of koi/carp comes from

Loool he has lots of different koi and a lot of mirror and leather carp he got as babies from a local club he is a member with lol

I'm looking to join a club local to me, doe he find it beneficial being a member? I can imagine local advice and help is always there if needed and best of u prob get first refusal of any fish going up for sale!!

Hi I live in cumbria

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi I live in maryport

Hi I live in maryport

Hi, i visit Maryport in the summer I'm from Annan so not too far :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your just over the water . Nice place.

Back
Top Bottom