Ultimate Angelfish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lampro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
the tank is 24”x24”x24” rimless 30 gallon cube tank. Tank mates: 1 adult pair of silver angelfish, school of cardinals, nerite snails.
Tank set up: red slate rock sinking the Malaysian driftwood
The substrate on the top is sand and the bottom is fertilizer

I really like the blue reflections on the tank and how it has some shades and dark gloomy spots for the fish to hide. Plus the driftwood is just enough not to turn the water yellow. Keeping the tank nice and clear. Do you think the angelfish offsprings can survive with the parents along with the tetras?

Im using the 20” JC&P LED light for $26 from amazon

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpg
    IMG_4745.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 61
If you manage to get the angelfish to lay eggs, hatch the eggs, and raise the young, that would be great, but I've never been able to do that after like 100 spawns of my angelfish (several different pairs). If I want angelfish young, I take the eggs out and raise the young myself.

Yea i heard angels will eat the babies when they have the second spawn and even the tetra can eat it. I am planning to use methylene blue while the eggs were hatching to stop the fungus growth on them. I am deciding whether i should remove the egg on the big wood, or remove the angels and tetra which is impossible to catch with all that hiding spots.

Back
Top Bottom