Unexpected african dwarf frog death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
I looked at my tank just a minute ago and saw my adf was sucked up into the filter. This is the 2nd time this has happened but the first time it happens the frog was much smaller. The big ones were from pets mat while the tiny one was from petco. Well as soon as I netted her out I saw there was a huge bump/growth on her side. Not sure if this is even something to worry about but I have 2 more frogs and I really like them and I'm just scared for these little guys! Also this frog was almost 1.75" while the first time it happened the frog was .75"

20 tall and 1 peacock eel, 2 mollies, 2 platies, and 2 remaining frogs. With a aqua clear 50 filter

Lexilove said:
20 tall and 1 peacock eel, 2 mollies, 2 platies, and 2 remaining frogs. With a aqua clear 50 filter

You are overstocked. That may be part of the reason. I would get a forty breeder or that stock. The ADFs also don't do well in tall tanks and with semi aggressive food hogs like mollies and platies, nor tanks with other bottom dwellers.

Yeah I know it is also there have never been problems with the eel heis never aggressive the frogs sit on him most of the time and he does nothing. And I make sure they all eat. I'm getting a bigger tank soon

Back
Top Bottom