Unhealthy Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMillo92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! So I am kind of new to live plants in my aquarium and need some input.

I have 2 Dwarf Grass plants and 2 Anubis. They have been in the tank for about a week now and they both seem to look weaker each day.

The dwarf grass seems to have some kind of white hairs growing in the center.

Any input on suppliments or what I can do to strengthen the plants would be greatly appreciated...

20160714_215501.jpg

20160714_215508.jpg

What lighting do you have?
Are u dosing any ferts?
How much ferts?
Are u using co2 at all?
Also is that just normal aquarium gravel or are u using a plant substrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What lighting do you have?

The LED bar that came with the Fluval Spec V "7000K"

Are u dosing any ferts?

No

How much ferts?

No

Are u using co2 at all?

No

Also is that just normal aquarium gravel or are u using a plant substrate?

Its a mixture of sand and gravel but its like 3:1 Sand:Gravel

Not sure what the grass is? Where'd you get it? Anubias does best above the substrate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The dwarf hairgrass looks like it has the beginnings of black hair algae. Amano shrimps eat this like candy. Here's a good page on algae you'll want to check.

I'm not sure about the anubias, but maybe you've buried too much of the rhizome? Those should stay above the substrate. :turn-l:

Co2 tends to get the algae away, if it is hair grass then I'm pretty sure u will need to dose ferts and need co2 to grow it. It's classed as a medium to high light plant (higher your lighting is the more co2/ ferts u need to dose to keep plants alive. As someone else said if the other Anubis u need to get the rhinzone above the substrate (the big thing that your leaf stalks come off) they thrive when tied to driftwood or rocks. Your plants will love you for dosing even liquid ferts. Be careful tho as this can feed the algae too. Plants are all about finding a balance in water conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom