Unhealthy what I think is a gudgeon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenphantom

Aquarium Advice Freak
I rescued a pair from a lfs they were in a semi aggressive tank large silver dollars knife fish birchirs so it was pretty much a death sentence for um they had just got them from a breeder and he threw them where he had room so anyway I impulse bought cause they were pretty fish and I felt bad for them so they told me they were killies but I knew what they were so I got the pair for 15 bucks "wink" :) well I got them home and they are quite beat up and lethargic so my question is there anything I can do to help them medicine anything natural they look a little better today but still moving slow looking pretty beat up so my screen is broke on my phone is broke and if there is bad grammar I appoligize and I can't send any pics every time I try to upload a pic it says the site just crashed and a report has been sent so that's where I am at

Clean water is the best thing you can do for them!

Well one died it was not because of any of the reasons stated above but I had a leperanious for about a year never had a problem with him but for some reason he picked these fish to be aggressive to out of all the fish I own never had a problem but he was viscously attacking these fish and did not realize this until it was to late and I knew these fish could be aggressive but did not no how MEAN they really were well I got rid of him and the remaining one is doing GREAT colors are coming out beautiful fish

Greenphantom said:
Well one died it was not because of any of the reasons stated above but I had a leperanious for about a year never had a problem with him but for some reason he picked these fish to be aggressive to out of all the fish I own never had a problem but he was viscously attacking these fish and did not realize this until it was to late and I knew these fish could be aggressive but did not no how MEAN they really were well I got rid of him and the remaining one is doing GREAT colors are coming out beautiful fish

Single Leporinus can be very nasty. Just like Tiger Barbs you should keep them in a group in a big tank.

Glad the survivor is thriving.

Back
Top Bottom