Unknown disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My platy died of this earlier and I tried everything but I couldn't find the disease nor could anyone else in this forum and none of my attempts at curing worked. Basically overtime my platy got thinner in the stomach until her body formed a narrow V shape if you looked at her from front/behind. It got so bad that eventually my platy died.

My other platy which I have now moved to my 40 gallon has this disease. She was isolated in my 10 gallon medical until I thought she was healthy enough to be moved. She showed signs of stress at first (which is normal) but now she is sluggish, somewhat bent and her stomach is also showing the same signs of her previous unfortunate tank mate.

Can someone help me identify what this is? It may be a parasite of some sort but she must have gotten it from the previous platy that died of it. What I don't understand is that that platy died way too long ago and this sick platy showed no sign of losing weight or stress up until I moved her to the 40. Can someone please help?

Also I can't move her back to the 10 gallon because some danios are currently breeding in there

Could you post pics? Has the fish that died and the one that is sick refused food or do they still eat?

They still eat a lot ! And yeah I will post a few pictures when I convince my mom to let me borrow her camera cord

Update good news she has gotten over her shock and is swimming normally but her stomach is still thin.

Back
Top Bottom