UnstopaBULL's 29 gallon planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people have also recommended T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs this thing on Amazon as like another cheaper high light fixture. Would you guys reccomend me getting this or stick with planted plus

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Haha nooooo, just get the planted plus.. high light is over rated..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any possible fish comps like a list of possibilities for my aquarium that you guys can post?

Any possible fish comps like a list of possibilities for my aquarium that you guys can post?

That's a pretty broad generalization. Are you looking for more common like guppies or more exotic like apistos?

Caleb

Oh my bad didn't specify. I need ideas for a kind of FW algae eaters that will be fine with 2 fully grown angelfish. A stocking that includes two adult angelfish and has algae eaters. Basically what algae eaters are good with angels that will do good in a 29 and won't be harassed or will harass angels

You don't need an algae eater in a tank by any means, but if I had to pick I would say otocinclus. They stay small, don't poop everywhere, and actually do a good job. I would not add them till the tank is established a month or two though.

Caleb

I have an oto in my ten so I love Otis. But will the angels harass or is it all about the personality. Will SAE's work? My Oto is pretty lazy tbh don't even see him cleaning plants anymore but he is nice and fat. So I don't want that to happen in my 29. And I don't feed the oto veggies or algae like I use to cause I noticed it cleaned less when I gave it cucumbers and algae pellets

It's nearly impossible to have a planted tank and not have pond snails. I've even found blue and red ramshorn snails that hitched a ride on a plant order or there were eggs. A low number is ok, but their numbers can explode in the right conditions. But this is besides the point. I just like the little guys. I love how a large group of them will shoal and play around in the tanks current and sometimes corys and other fish join in. With them being a dwarf loach you can have more of them in the tank and they don't mess up the substrate and uproot plants like their larger cousins.

I agree with brookster. You have to carefully choose the fish for your. I've noticed that brookster and I have a lot in common, but we communicate what we know differently.

It's nearly impossible to have a planted tank and not have pond snails. I've even found blue and red ramshorn snails that hitched a ride on a plant order or there were eggs. A low number is ok, but their numbers can explode in the right conditions. But this is besides the point. I just like the little guys. I love how a large group of them will shoal and play around in the tanks current and sometimes corys and other fish join in. With them being a dwarf loach you can have more of them in the tank and they don't mess up the substrate and uproot plants like their larger cousins.

It's not impossible. My 75g is pest snail free. Got all my plants from eBay and locally. I rinsed them in the sink and stuck them in. Some people bleach dip. All depends on where you get the plants and how closely you inspect them.

Caleb

I agree, that's why I said nearly impossible. I'm setting up 4 new tanks and I'm going to try and keep it pest snail free. It'll be difficult because there are interlopers in the substrate I'm reusing. But it should be a challenge.

Snails happen.. assassin snails happen even better.. otos if you insist on alage eaters.. sae grow pretty large and actually stop eating alage after a while, they are also commonly miss sold and ending up with miscreants is never fun.. angels will not bother otos, otos will not bother angels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I will get SAE's even though they grow bigger because once they get too big my friend will give me something for them

And that's what I will get.. As soon as I convince my parents

You can get away with one on a 29g, if you have easy plants....not to mention co2 and fertilizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get away with what exactly? Btw does anyone know any big chain stores that have liquid carbon. Petco and p smart have them online but not in actual stores. Ecleast in my local ones. I'm not gonna pay shipping just to buy online liquid carbon.

Metricide 14 is your friend. Same stuff as liquid carbon but twice as strong so you save on money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom