Unusual Dwarf Gourami Activity.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deadna

Aquarium Advice Regular
My dwarf gourami, both male, have been hanging out in one corner of the 30 gallon tank, just sticking near the surface. Every once in a while he'll blow some bubbles. Anyone sen this before?

Attachments

• image-1297293586.jpg
    image-1297293586.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4156229095.jpg
    image-4156229095.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 72
My dwarf gourami, both male, have been hanging out in one corner of the 30 gallon tank, just sticking near the surface. Every once in a while he'll blow some bubbles. Anyone sen this before?

I don't have much info to help, but usually dwarf gouramis hang out towards the top... I've seen mine blow a couple bubble before, but never for a prolonged amount of time. Lol once I saw him spit water, it was kinda cool, but I only saw him do it once... Sorry I have no info. :/

they are getting ready to breed. just like bettas they make bubble nest because they are labyrinth fish before they breed.

If you don't have any females there won't be any eggs. But male fish of this kind, Bettas are another labyrinth fish, will make bubble nests from time to time. It's normal behaviour for them.

Keep an eye on them to be sure there is no bullying. Sometimes makes will fight to death. And the front one might be trying to catch a breath after a squabble. Might not be the case but just a for warning to watch for. But then again it is very common for them to stay near the top and blow bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom