Unusualness/45 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so you may have seen some of my previous threads where I talk about what I'm planning to put in my 45 gallon tank. Well the truth is, I'm stuck. I dont know the fish I want, whether I want a reef or not, etc. I've looked at all sorts of unusual creatures like seahorses, pipefish, octopi, garden eels, sharks, rays, etc, the list goes on. The problem is that all of these things are either too difficult or need a bigger tank, and I sorta lost interest in seahorses and pipefish. The problem is that I want something cool and unusual like the things I mentioned above, not the normal reef or FOWLR which I get is perfect for most people.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone had any thoughts or things to mention about some of my previous ideas. So I thought I'd make a sort of build thread out of it! Thanks and please give me your ideas!

how about a reef with nothing but non photosynthetic corals? it's quite difficult, but would be amazingly beautiful if you were successful.
all you would need to do is to implement a constant food supply. something like a phytoplankton drip would be the best set up IMO.
the tank would be a challenge to keep good water quality, but it can and has been done.

Any missed species or info that might allow me to keep one of the things that I mentioned earlier though mr. X? While your here. Thank in advance!

Any missed species or info that might allow me to keep one of the things that I mentioned earlier though mr. X? While your here. Thank in advance!
you can keep some of the things you mentioned. octopus and anglers would work....not together of course....but you could keep either of those.

I suppose that makes sense, but do you know of any responses to my most recent question and I think a NPS reef might be out of my league, for now

lol...if you had a tight fitting lid you could keep some of the smaller species of octopus. sharks and rays are out. garden eels would work for a while.
what else do you like?
scorpionfish, stonefish, rhinopias?

First two are venomous but what's the third? And what do you mean by garden eels would work for a while?

I like creatures that look and especially act cool, like garden eels for their behavior and rays for their appearance

Yikes I found them! They're a bit scary, not sure if I'd want one of those staring at me at night..!

Back
Top Bottom